New Zealand Military Exhibits
The National Army Museum has a number of temporary and permanent military exhibits, showcasing unique collections of New Zealand military equipment, photos and memorabilia. Take a look at our current exhibitions to see what’s on at the Museum before you visit us at Waiouru.
Current Army Museum Military Exhibits
- Food Glorious Food: An Army Marches on its Stomach – Tells the story of how and what the New Zealanders were fed as they marched and fought to final victory during WWI.
- Going Underground: Tunnellers of WWI – Featuring photographs by Brett Killington exploring the tunnels under Arras in France.
- Home for Christmas and Conscientious Objection – Featuring works by artist David Woodings based on embroidered silk postcards from WWI.
- The Patriotic Call to Yarn is Answered – Now on display in the Tears on Greenstone – Roimata Pounamu memorial
- 24 Hours In Passchendaele – This photographic exhibition by Brett Killington records the Passchendaele landscape from the eye level of the soldier in the trenches in 1917.