New Zealand Military Exhibits
The National Army Museum has a number of temporary and permanent military exhibits, showcasing unique collections of New Zealand military equipment, photos and memorabilia. Take a look at our current exhibitions to see what’s on at the Museum before you visit us at Waiouru.
Current Army Museum Military Exhibits
- From the Uttermost Ends of the Earth – Coming soon
- Food Glorious Food: An Army Marches on its Stomach – Tells the story of how and what the New Zealanders were fed as they marched and fought to final victory during WWI.
- The Final Push – Focuses on the New Zealand Division heading back into the fray and taking part in a counter-punch to the massive German offensive launched by the German Army in March 1918.
- Road to Recovery – A reflection on the unimaginable physical destruction caused by the war, exploring how New Zealand soldiers disabled in the hostilities were supported to regain their personal and economic independence.
- The Patriotic Call to Yarn is Answered – Now on display in the Tears on Greenstone – Roimata Pounamu memorial
- Puanga, Matariki, Maori New Year – The educational programmes for 2018 that teach about the meaning of Matariki and it’s importance