New Zealand Military Exhibits
The National Army Museum has a number of temporary and permanent military exhibits, showcasing unique collections of New Zealand military equipment, photos and memorabilia. Take a look at our current exhibitions to see what’s on at the Museum before you visit us at Waiouru.
Current Army Museum Military Exhibits
- 24 Hours in Passchendaele – This photographic exhibition by Brett Killington records the Passchendaele landscape from the eye level of the soldier in the trenches in 1917.
- Passchendaele: A Descent into Hell – Featuring a large-scale diorama and artefacts from our own collection this exhibition tells the story of the tragedy that took place at Passchendaele during WWI.
- Food Glorious Food: An Army Marches on its Stomach – Tells the story of how and what the New Zealanders were fed as they marched and fought to final victory during WWI.
- Going Underground: Tunnellers of WWI – Featuring photographs by Brett Killington exploring the tunnels under Arras in France.
- Road to Recovery – coming soon
- The Patriotic Call to Yarn is Answered – Now on display in the Tears on Greenstone – Roimata Pounamu memorial