The Kippenberger Military Archive holds material that relates to the military museum’s function as a national centre for military studies. The date range of the military museum material is from 1840 to the present day, and covers all theatres of war the New Zealand Army has been involved in, including peacekeeping missions.
Military Archive Collections
- personal diaries, memoirs and letters
- records of certain Veteran Associations
- photographs and photo albums (this includes the official WWI & WWII Photographic Collections)
- oral histories
- troopship and unit magazines
- maps and plans
- philatelic collections
- souvenirs and postcards
- military sheet music
- military training and technical manuals/pamphlets
The archive is fortunate to hold an extensive collection of manuals and pamphlets, dating back to the 19th century and from countries including Britain, America, Australia, Germany, Russia, Japan, Italy and of course, New Zealand.
Monday to Friday:
(by appointment only)
Dolores Ho – Archivist
Phone: 06 387 6911
Make an appointment or research enquiry.
Try to be as specific as possible about what you are looking for.