Last Updated 29th November 2021
In line with the COVID-19 Traffic Light framework which comes into effect from Friday 3rd December 2021, the Museum will remain open to the public but with some updated policies and procedures in place to reflect the new framework and to ensure your health and safety.
- Everyone aged 12 and over is required to present a valid ‘My Vaccine Pass’ as a condition of entry to the museum facility.
- Hygiene practices have been enhanced and we will be asking visitors to respect social distancing guidelines of at least 1 metre.
- We will continue to ask all customers to wear masks and to contact trace their visit.
- All customers are asked to enter/exit the building via our main entrance on State Highway 1 side of the building.
- There will be no public floor tours available under Traffic Light Red.
- We are still accepting our group bookings subject to restriction of gatherings of 100 or more.
- Donations to collections/archives are still being accepted business as usual but phone ahead for an appointment.
- Self-contained campervans are still able to park overnight in the museum’s back car park.
We will keep you updated with any changes. Kia kaha Aotearoa New Zealand.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Ministry of Health information on COVID-19 Coronavirus